Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chateau Luynes

Chateau Luynes is a chateau perched over the town of, you guessed it, Luynes. It’s rather small for a chateau, but it’s privately owned. It’s one of the few chateaus that has consistently been lived in for, uh..., a really long time (sorry I forgot).





The family that owns the chateau uses it as a hunting lodge in the winter. Their permanent residence is a chateau three or four times larger located next to Paris! I don’t think I could ever live in a place like this though because it’s like living in a museum. You can't touch anything.





The week I visited the chateau, Tours Langues had just received about 15 new students from Mexico all between the ages of 15 and 17. A bunch of them came on the excursion to chateau Luynes, so it was pretty amusing for me watching them run around rattling off in Spanish. For the professor, it was like herding cats. I think he slept well that night...



1 comment:

  1. Annie, I'm really loving your blog, the photos are great. Check out sben325.blogspot.com to see someone(s) you love ;-}

    ReplyDelete